Monday, July 25, 2005

Stinky Cheese Here

Hi. I am exhausted right now, but blogging. I know, ironic. I think of it as dedicated. I am also a mess because I was on a hike for six hours today and have had no time to shower. Imagine that.

A few interesting things happened today:

1. I just got a massive cut on my hand from the wall, which is wood. It hurts and I think something might be stuck in there.

2. My feet and back ache, my legs are ready to retire, and my neck is so numb I can't feel it. I am in pain. Good thing we are headed to the thermal bathes on Tuesday. I hope.

3. Tomorrow is Halloween - my favorite day besides Valentines. I get to scare the crap out of kids.

4. I don't hate watermelon anymore. At least, I don't hate French watermelon. I still detest raisins and celery.

5. A case of lice broke out amongst the girls yesterday. It has been such a nightmare. Good thing, the counselors shouldn't have it, but all the girls do. Just another hassle at AmVil.

The hike today was good, but extremely tiring. I still have to shower. Oh, I also found out today that Gomez (aka mini-Nick) is an orphan. He is probably one of the most polite kids I've ever met. He kissed my hand tonight before going to bed. It was really cute. He's a cool dude. He must have adjusted well to his situation.

Okay, in the words of Bugs Bunny, that's all folks.

Love...

KAN

(The bells are ringing midnight!)

1 comment:

Krissa said...

Hi Kelly!
Well, I am home from Europe and have finally had the time to read your blog. It sounds like you are having a great time in France. I loved France, it was one of my favorite countries that we visited.

Your stories are great! They remind me a lot of my trip to Europe...train stories, being scolded in foreign languages, massive luggage to lug around, the different keyboards, how exciting conversations about bowel movements get, the beautiful Frence villages, the need/desire for American stuff: processed (aka familiar) foods, celebrity gossip, the news from home, needing contact with friends and family from home!

Congrats on what you are doing! It is an experience of a lifetime, and you will have memories of this forever. Enjoy every moment because soon it will be over!

Take care and enjoy your time in France. HAVE FUN!

Krissa