Okay, I know I said I was going to bed, but then I read your (I love you Mom, Andra, and Grandma!) comments and knew I had to say something interesting. Seriously, everyone, this camp thing is as bad/hilarious/ridiculous as I make it sound. It's like NOTHING I have ever experienced.
A few things that happened today (now I write them all down during the day so I can tell you):
- You know you're at camp when you start using bug spray as perfume. I did this today (my deodarant just wasn't enough). PS - I don't think some of the counselors here even wear deodarant. Read the next one and have pity on me.
- It was 38° Celsius today. That is almost 100° Fahrenheit. Children go crazy in this weather. People smell bad.
- French people have weird sleeping pillows; they are cylinder-shaped. I am SO GLAD I brought my own.
- I am no longer afraid of bugs, spiders, mosquitos, etc. I think I have eaten about 50 of them so far since I have been here. (Side note: I HATE eating outside.) Another "fun" fact: French children get so freaked out by bugs you would think they were dying when they see one. This makes for eating outside VERY unpleasant because you are not only dealing with obnoxious French brats, you are also having to fearlously kill various insects while trying to calm kids down in a different language. I hear "I don't dunderstand" in an annoying French accent more times per day than care to hear in my LIFE.
- Some mean girls threw another girl's bra out the window today. I thought it was funny in secret.
- All the boys love me. They say my name, wave, and smile at me from afar at every chance they get. They have asked me if I am married as well as some other inappropriate questions (in French, of course) that they didn't know I was listening to because they don't REALLY know I speak French. Unfornately, they do KIND OF know because they were taunting me at dinner today with "Tu es très belle, KoKo!" (You are very beautiful, KoKo!) and "Tu es magnifique! Je t'aime, KoKo!" (You are magnificent! I love you, KoKo!) After a while it was really hard not to smile. Plus, it doesn't help that these boys and girls are so adorable that I want squeeze them to death...sometimes LITERALLY.
Okay, love you all!!
KDogg with a sweet job in France!
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG Kelly - you totally crack me up!!! And I would bet all the little boys love you!!!!
<3
Cindy D.
Post a Comment